the real estate industry is on the verge of being disrupted
by 2030, 20% more people will live in cities
- Over 40 cities are projected to have >10 million residents in 2030
- Younger people increasingly prefer to live in cities
Real estate owners lack data and insights
- Website owners know more about their visitors than building owners do
- Unknown visitors cannot receive personalized services or marketing
- Buildings waste 50% of the energy they consume
leadership action will determine the long-term winners
tenants and consumers are changing their behavior
- Premium on flexibility and personalized services
- Unprecedented requests for responsible business practices
- Emphasis on community and experience
shifting center of gravity
- High structural vacancy (e.g. ~15% of office space in the U.S. is empty)
- Increased competition and product commoditization
- Costly capital investment with diminishing economic return
innovative solutions will unlock massive economic gains
$60 TRILLION OF REAL ESTATE AND INFRASTRUCTURE ASSETS
- Modest operational improvements lead to large asset valuation gains
- Sensors and data analytics enable cost-saving measures, predictive maintenance programs, and better capital investment decisions
new business models have growth potential
- Inventive services can be built on top of data-analytics platforms
- With new data streams, previously unattainable insights can be monetized
- New construction techniques reduce capital investment and development time
invest, incubate, impLement
We combine technical expertise with real estate know-how to deliver new business models and demonstrable engineering solutions that will disrupt the real estate industry, creating new product categories and revolutionizing activities across its value chain.
Through our Fluxus Innovations Fund we invest in companies that address issues related to real estate and urban infrastructure. With Fluxus Labs, we incubate new business models and test nascent technologies in pilot project settings. And finally, under Fluxus Projects we implement new technologies and solutions in buildings operated by our partners.
Meet our executive team
Meet Our multidisciplinary advisory board
We have invested in or are incubating these great companies
Founded in 2012, headquarters in the Bay Area - Develops novel high power, long life, low cost sodium ion batteries for stationary applications including UPS and renewables support.
Founded in 2010, headquarters in Chepstow - Developing a technology platform to control, monitor, and connect to the internet anything that is mains powered in a building.
Founded in 2012, headquarters in Vancouver - Creates software that enables quantum computers to solve real-world challenges.
Founded in 2014, headquarters in the Bay Area - Develops smart vents and wireless controls for heating and cooling systems to improve occupant comfort and increase energy efficiency.
Founded in 2013, headquarters in Madrid - Develops a software platform that compiles and curates a diverse set of data streams and uses advanced data science techniques to gain insights about the real estate industry.
Founded in 2014, headquarters in Tokyo - Quantifies shopping centers and retail stores to enable shopping center managers and retailers to make data-driven decisions.
If you would like to work with us, please e-mail us at: email@example.com